The High Sec Carebear has finally moved to 0.0, Adventures with TEST awaits.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A New Beginning

After a recent return to EVE after a short break due to real life circumstances, I've decided I need to make some changes to my in game life.
EVE is an MMO and as such is best enjoyed playing with other people, before my little break I was sitting in a small corp I started a long time ago with the intent of making it the next high sec industrial powerhouse.
Powerhouse was somewhat optimistic and it quickly ended up being me, a couple of friends and a precious few random recruits coming and going.

I decided I wanted a little more out of the game this time, both in and out of New Eden, so I remembered this little blog account I had and thought I'd jot down some words every now and then.  The life of a high sec industrial carebear, albeit not tremendously exciting might after all be worthy of a mention and if nothing else, it might add another dimension to my own playing.

The other thing I quickly set out to do was finding a corporation of some size.  I didn't want a corp that was to big, getting lost in the numbers right away ain't fun, but rather some smaller sized corp with a goal and some growth.
I faced the dread of the spam channel (recruitment channel) and browsed the forums until I found something that looked promising.
Not to big.
Part of an alliance.
Clear goal and equal mindset.
Teamwork and few "mandatory" ops, respecting real life.

After hopping into their public channel and having a few chats with the members and directors I decided to make the plunge.
I was strangely hard to close up my affairs in the old corp, even though it clearly wasn't what I wanted at this point in time, it was still somewhere I'd spent a lot of time and effort.
I transferred CEO, closed down my hangars, rounded up assets and started the move to greener pastures.

And here I am, new corp, new space, new ores to mine and new friends to make.
I'm feeling pretty good about my choice and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead again, instead of just the daily grind I used to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment