The High Sec Carebear has finally moved to 0.0, Adventures with TEST awaits.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The more probes, the better.

I've only done some minor industry this weekend, with the war going on and all I've been waiting on a few jobs to come off the assembly lines and adjusting a few market orders, pretty quiet.
My AF training finished though and I immediately set out to buy and fit an Ishkur Assault Frigate, it's a blast flying the thing.  It handles very well, tanks well for a frigate and even with my sad gunnery skills it still does good damage on account of the drones.  I've been ripping through some low level missions for a little standing with the stations i usually reside in, I'm rather impressed with how well it does.  Good looking as well, I've always liked the Incursus model hull.

I've mostly been doing exploration this last week, been taking my Helios out quite a lot looking for sites of various value.
It's been a good week, I've found several Radar site (think they're radar at least, don't remember right now) containing several datacores, some skill books and other stuff.  I'm sure it would bring in quite a lot of ISK if I sold it, I've held on to it in case I need it for some future build jobs though, there's some BPC's for named items residing in my BPC can requiring several odd parts like that.  They've been lying in there for ages now waiting for me to get around to building them, "slither" blasters amongst other things, I don't even remember where I got them.
I'm not the quickest scanner, my exploration career started with the change to the new system and it's not a skill I've refined and practiced for long.  I do get by though, I have moderate scanning skills now and a rigged Helios which certainly helps out on nailing the signatures.  I have also decided that more probes is better, five probes at a time is my preffered number.
Drop one or more probes to cover all the system celestials, find some signatures, then dump a probe on top of one with four others overlapping around.
There are some duplicate signatures at times, I'm not sure if that's due to the number of probes I'm using or not, but I usually nail the signature in the end and within reasonable time.

The war dropped on saturday so I'm still red until sunday afternoon, but I'm glad it ended so quick.  No idea behind the motivation of it or why it was dropped so quick, just glad I can revert to normal operations again.

No comments:

Post a Comment