The High Sec Carebear has finally moved to 0.0, Adventures with TEST awaits.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Alt's and a Happy New Year.

New Eden, I wish you a happy new year, may you get plenty of killmails and narrow escapes in the year to come.  May your Killboards be green and your wallets fat, so on and so forth.

I'm sure everyone has seen all the Holiday presents we got from CCP, my personal favourites are the Friend Ship and the Drunk Bodyguard, and I'm wearing one of the jackets currently as well.  There was another gift in there that many may have missed unless you actually read the Dev Blog, it's the FREE 20 day multiple character training.  Yes, 20 days of dual account training for FREE.

This may not mean much to a lot of you, 20 days isn't much after all, there are only so much you can squeeze in on that time, but free is free.
I set me up a skill plan in EVEMON and made myself a station trader alt, just to see if I could do it in time, or how close I'd get.  I can get the most vital skills up and running in 19d 8h with a neural remap, meaning that I have a perfectly viable station trade character for free, courtesy of CCP.

I grabbed an old untrained character on my account and set up the following skill plan:

Trade - lvl 4
Retail - lvl 4
Broker Relations - lvl 4
Accounting - lvl 5

Those skills puts the queue on my character up to over 20 days, but due to an unused remap, it ended up on just over 19 days total. 
I currently have the alt parked in a major trade hub with a few orders already going. 
May not be much, station trading may not even be your thing, but it's a thing to consider since it's costing you nothing.

I expect others might use the opportunity to create hauling or cyno alts, whatever floats your boat, you have 20 days to do it at no cost, providing you're even aware of the offer.

Oh yes, the first fleet of the new year, a fast little frig fleet netted me a nice 1.2 bill pod kill along with some other stuff, very shiny.

Fly Hard, Amarr Victor.

No comments:

Post a Comment